Monday, September 22, 2008

Vampire Obsession


Last week I finished Blue Bloods and although it was definitely not the best vampire book I have read thus far I liked it well enough. It took the author a VERY LONG TIME to get to vampires and some sort of plot. A significant portion of the beginning is to talk about the teens that are going to be turning into vampires. These teens are snobby rich NYC kids. After I pushed through a hundred or so pages I finally got to some vampire/murder/hidden secrets/mysteries. That's what I was looking for...FINALLY! I also have the sequel because I didn't know if I would want to read it or not (I had not read the first one). Well I think I will read it...I must know what the Silver Bloods are...she barely gets into those in the first book. I did start reading a little of it this weekend (only like 30 pages) but it sure is another slow start...in my opinion. It needs to pick up again...soon.

Well John had told me that there was an HBO show called True Blood and it was based on a vampire book...it sure is! It's the Sookie Stackhouse books I love...I am still waiting for the second one in the series to become available at the library. Well I was so sad I wasn't going to be able to watch it...too poor for HBO. But thanks to youku.com (a Chinese youtube) I was able to watch the first episode...love it...a little raunchy like the books. I of course get irritated when they stray from the book...but it doesn't seem to happen too much.

I am also looking forward to the Twilight movie coming out soon but I am weary since I do not like the actor/actress selections I have already seen. But we shall see.

Well I am so loving vampire books/shows/movies...keep 'em coming.

And I know some people are looking forward to Ticked Off Tuesday tomorrow...I hope to see others whining.

1 comment:

Laydee said...

lol- thanks again for reading the book! and I totally agree with you on the twilight thing. I saw some of the actors and was a little sad with some choices...but I think they know they can't disappoint, so it should be good- I'm interested to see how they make 'Jacob' huge in the upcoming- he was so little!