Monday, September 29, 2008

Carnegie Museum of Art & Natural History



This weekend was fantastic! Dillon drove down to see me and we went to the Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History...they are kind of connected. I LOVED the installation art they had there. The exhibit was called Life on Mars and was so good (most of it). There was this one piece that was brilliant...the artist Thomas Hirschhorn did this whole underground cave/house thing called Cavemanman and it was so good...here is a quote from the gallery guide "Cavemanman is a sprawling, shambolic network of cardboard caves, a spectacular information crammed labyrinth of slogans and tableaux concerning Iraq-war militarism and martyrdom, sadomasochism, and materialistic greed. This unforgiving environment excavates and examines the brutality and consumerism of our time." Anyways, it was the one work that really spoke to me. There were also some pictures done by Bruce Conner, the Angel series. It was one of my other favorites.

The two pictures I was able to take (seen above) is of a huge prehistoric turtle (b/c I love turtles) and a white seal (b/c of my sissy...I thought of her).

After the museum we went to P.F. Chang's (always a great choice). Then we laid around until later that night when we all went out because Rosie was in town! I was so excited to see her this weekend...it had been since May. Dillon and Rose both left on Sunday...so sad. But I was glad to get in a Wendy's run with Rose Ann before she left.

Thanks for a great weekend! I enjoyed it.

Okay here are some pictures of the exhibit I found online...

2 comments:

Sabra said...

Very cool seal!

Laydee said...

you are one of the only people I know that could eat china food everyday. lol