Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dead Until Dark


I started this book and had my doubts. Right off the bat there were a few similarities between the vampire/girlfriend situation found in Twilight. This irritated me beyond belief...but with Sabra's encouragement and realizing this book was published before the Stephenie Myers' books I had to continue on. I probably read a little more a day later but I just was not putting aside the time to read it. Well Sunday night I picked it up and said I was going to read for about an hour and the next thing I know it is 1:30 a.m. and I only have 60 pages or so to go. I went to sleep since I was exhausted but I completed the book Monday after class. I loved this book. It is not my favorite vampire book by far. But I like the differences that it brought to the table; murder, sex, mind reading...all that great stuff that comes with falling in love with a vampire. Bill (the vampire in this book) is no Edward Cullen but he will do for now! This is definitely a book to read if you are in the mood for something lite and fun...Thanks for the recommendation Sabra!

1 comment:

Laydee said...

hey- have you read the blue blood vampire books? i've seen them and i need the yeah-nay from someone, you know?