Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 8: Five Years

There will be an agreement in whatever variety of actions, so they be each honest and natural in their hour. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

What would you say to the person you were five years ago? What will you say to the person you’ll be in five years?

Oh geez, me at 19 (well almost 20), what would I say?! Where was I even? I was just starting the summer between my sophomore and junior year of college. I was working at YPG and dating John. Hmmm...

I suppose I would tell myself to realize what is important in the long run, what will make me the happiest. Back then I had no idea how much I wanted the church in my life. I also did not realize that I wanted to further my education and go into the cyber/security world. I think everyone would tell themselves to study more, have more fun, love more, and complain less. Just be more passionate about life!

I would have also told myself to love ME more. If I would have loved ME more I would have done things differently, not only health-wise but in many other areas that affected who I am today. I would have probably shown myself more love AND respect.

I guess the only other thing I would tell myself is get plenty of sunshine and exercise or you will get depressed, don't ever settle for someone who can't give you everything, say what you mean and mean what you say, don't let your OCDs get out of hand (because they will), and don't worry two of the cutest little men will come into your life at the end of grad school and they will be a constant source of joy and love as you steer your way through life.

Now to the FUTURE me, where I am 29 and a little over a month till the big 3-0! What to say now?!

I would probably have more questions than answers. Questions like...
Is what you are doing now making you happy?
Did you ever give up something or someone you shouldn't have?

But then I shouldn't waste my time asking questions right? I should be telling myself important things. I would say...

Always remember who you are and what you stand for, let that be what drives your desires and decisions. Be happy. I know by now you have probably made very important decisions that have set you on a path, I hope that it is the right one for you. I hope that you will make sure to always find joy and happiness. To not look back with regrets or sadness, to know that you made the right choices and you are living the life that was meant for you.

Remember you become your mother so embrace the fabulous qualities she has given you but don't forget the good your father has contributed to who you are as well. Love your family unconditionally and be kind to your husband (you are a bear to live with and he is probably a really nice guy to put up with you). And always remember what your grandmother has taught you, she is a strong woman with great knowledge and many talents. If you strive to obtain the qualities she has you will be a remarkable woman one day.


Today's sentence: I am exhausted mentally and physically, I have a big weekend ahead of me but I have amazing friends that will be there to help me get through it and for that I am grateful!

No comments: