Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 6: Come Alive

Life wastes itself while we are preparing to live. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you had one week left to live, would you still be doing what you’re doing now? In what areas of your life are you preparing to live? Take them off your To Do list and add them to a To Stop list. Resolve to only do what makes you come alive.

Bonus: How can your goals improve the present and not keep you in a perpetual “always something better” spiral?

If I had one week to live I definitely would not be doing what I am doing now (going to work, not with family, etc.). However, I do think my life is going really good right now and I do not have any major regrets.

During my last week I would spend time with my family and close friends. I would also be eating the best food imaginable (mexican, DQ, desserts).

The areas of my life that I am preparing to live is for the future (husband, family, career). I suppose that I do focus too much on the future when I should be enjoying what I have now.

I should set goals now that will make me happy and prepare me to be the person I want to be so that when those "future" things I am waiting for do show up I am ready!


Today's sentence: The weather has been amazing, warm and bright, just like my mood lately; I am thankful for the beautiful world my Heavenly Father has created for me to enjoy.

No comments: