Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 3: One Strong Belief

It is easy in the world to live after the world’s opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude. - Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance

The world is powered by passionate people, powerful ideas, and fearless action. What’s one strong belief you possess that isn’t shared by your closest friends or family? What inspires this belief, and what have you done to actively live it?

I believe that the Church of Jesus Chris of Latter Day Saints is the only true church on the Earth. My closest friends and I do not share this belief, some of my friends do not even believe in God. However, we do not let our religious views stand in the way of our friendships and our feelings towards each other.

I always grew up in the church but it wasn't until last year when I started going back to church that my faith grew and became stronger. My faith and the confirming feeling that it is true is what inspires my belief in the church. Although I am continuously struggling I am actively trying to do what is right.


Today's sentence: Today life and loss has been on my mind; I feel for those in pain and hope that one day they will be able to smile, letting the joys of life lift their spirits once again.

1 comment:

Katie Kat said...

I kinda figured we would all have a slightly different take on God and religion. I am glad your faith makes you stronger and works for you. Although my beliefs are different, my faith is also strong and I strive everyday to be a force for good in the world. Plus, how boring would it be if we all believed the same thing? :P