Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 13: Surprise

I will not hide my tastes or aversions. I will so trust that what is deep is holy, if we follow the truth, it will bring us out safe at last. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Think of a time when you didn’t think you were capable of doing something, but then surprised yourself. How will you surprise yourself this week?

When I decided to leave Arizona to go to school in Pennsylvania I really thought I would be back after 1 year, then after 4 years, then after 6. I am now working on my 8th year away from Arizona and I cannot believe that I was able to get through undergrad and grad school, and now starting my career. In the beginning I always thought I would end up back in Yuma and SURPRISINGLY I am still on the East Coast and happy (I know I am suppose to be here).

This week I am going to ACTUALLY go to kickboxing!

No comments: