Monday, October 27, 2008

Getting Ready for Halloween






This weekend was a much needed one. With everyone gone and no visitors Lisa and I enjoyed just being around the apartment. Friday I did homework all day and then when Lisa got home we went to the Waterfront to eat dinner and pick up groceries and other items for the house. We ate and the Rock Bottom Brewery and the food was great...we got a sampler of all the beer they make...yuck! I didn't really like any of them (neither did Lisa). After that it was Macy's, Target, Joann's, and Giant Eagle. After we got home we had ice cream (Mousse Tracks) and watched Say Yes to the Dress...after that it was reading and then to bed. The Gargoyle is fantastic by the way...should be finished by the end of the week hopefully. Saturday we went to the gym, came home and deep cleaned the house, and then cooked hamburgers, corn, and potatoes for lunch/dinner...Spooner even came over and joined us. Poor little Lisa had to babysit at 6 pm so I was all alone till around 11:45. But I decided to read some more and BAKE! I made raspberry lemon squares and they were DELICIOUS!!! Sunday was the gym again and pumpkin carving...I also baked the seeds since Lisa mentioned she liked them. We also went to lunch on Walnut and then watched Made of Honor...after that it was time to pass out. By the end of the weekend our apartment was looking ready for Halloween...pumpkin, ghost, and candy corn lights (oh and a scarecrow for the bookshelf)....and the candy is all ready for Friday...if Lisa can stay out of the Sour Patch Kids!!

4 comments:

Laydee said...

yeah...I buy my candy early so I have enough for the day, but some of it doesn't make it. Like this year and the WHOLE bag of baby ruths. I think the goblins got them.

Sabra said...

That's the cutest jack-o-lantern ever!

Katie Kat said...

That is the cutest pumpkin ever. And just joan...you will be jealous joan when you see the cute picture of me and the girls in their costumes over on my blog. :)

Carol Godinez said...

Love the pumpkin! You'll make a great mom someday! : ) My boring pumpkins just have the triangle eyes and nose.