Thursday, October 30, 2008

As Fate Would Have It





Well today I was thinking I needed to blog but I did not have too much to write about; but by 6 p.m I have much. First, my cousin Shaylyn turned 23 today and her present was a healthy little baby boy named Drake (not sure if that is how she is spelling it); Happy Birthday and Congratulations cousin. Second, Lisa will be going to the North Side Shelter and picking up Mia the new Beagle/Labrador Retriever mix 8 month old puppy she adopted...good luck to us with crate/potty training. Third, my sister Kelly will be induced today and will most likely have her first child tomorrow...she had to be induced early for medical reasons but everything should be okay. Well...finally, while I was waiting at the bus stop this evening on my way to my 6 p.m class I was POOPED on by a bird...DISGUSTING. I wanted to run home and forget class but mom (who was on the phone) yelled at me to get on the bus and get to class. So I took a tissue out of my bag and wiped it up and got on the bus, got to school, and ran immediately into a bathroom to assess the damage. Well nothing horrible...I was fine...but once I get home I will be going immediately into the shower...we all know how I feel about germs and this is killing me!

4 comments:

Sabra said...

Your new header rules! Love it!

Laydee said...

thanks for the shout out- did kelly have her baby?

Carol Godinez said...

I love the new design! Very, very cute! Congrats on being an auntie again. Sorry about the poop. : (

Granni P said...

Joan, I love your blog. I too, have been pooped on by a bird. I was in my cute little Mazda RX8 (i still miss that car.) I had the sun roof open and was driving down the street. And I got Zinged. I am thinking that bird must have had some amazing aim to hit me while flying and get it in the sunroof and onto my shoulder and head! Gross!!!! I thought I must have done something pretty rotten to be punished like that but couldn't figure out what it might have been!