Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

Well I finished the last of my chairs today. Took a little over a week to get done. It felt like an eternity though. Well 3 out of the 7 turned out like I had imagined. The other 4 ended up being well...bad and ugly. But I will keep them this way for now. Maybe one day when I am feeling ambitious again they will be revamped.

I learned may things during this project. 1) I hate big projects and little yards, 2) I hate spray paint (especially green spray paint), 3) Spray primer is expensive and a waste, 4) Varnish is my enemy, and 5) I need a Mr. Handyman to help me. OH and 6) I am not touching the table any time soon (I need to regain some sanity).

Well without further delay here are the pictures...

THE GOOD

My office chair goes perfect. I am loving the gold and black look!


I love love love these chairs and the others should have turned out the same way. These are what I had envisioned.

THE BAD

Should have been green instead of white antiqued with green coming through. They are alright.

THE UGLY

Well for some reason the varnish really stuck to these two so they are darker than the others, oh well.

Everything together.

3 comments:

megan said...

love it! they would go perfectly in my house!!

Katie Kat said...

I think they look darling! You did a great job ;) love you!

Sabra said...

You were once but the learner.