Tuesday, September 21, 2010

98 Days



Jace gave me a little booklet that had reading assignments to get through the Book of Mormon in 99 days. Well I started it the Sunday before I began working and this past Saturday I finished. It only took me 98 days, ha! I had to do better if even by a day.

My testimony has grown in measures throughout these past 98 days, maybe one day I will share it (something I do not do often enough). I have gotten so much out of this book and I am sure I probably understood 10% of what I needed to get out of it. I suppose that is why we have to read it everyday no matter how many times we have read it before. I haven't started round two yet but I probably will next week (I am reading Our Heritage at the moment).

Two weekends ago I was on the phone with my niece Sydney, telling her that I was almost done and she mentioned that her and Mallory are quite a ways into the book themselves. She said they started reading two pages every night since Mallory's baptism. I am so proud of these little girls for being obedient and doing what they should. I remember how boring the scriptures seemed to me at that age. I hope one day my own children will do the same and not wait until their 20s to read such an important piece of literature.

*Now I can say I do know the Book of Mormon is true and yes I have read it!

3 comments:

SAC said...

I learn new stuff every time I read through. Congratulations to you for finishing it, and finishing it early!

Tia said...

that was sweet thanks for sharing!

Granni P said...

Every time I read I see something that I didn't see before. It is an amazing book! And that it's true makes it even more so!