Thursday, September 9, 2010

30 Family Members in 72 Hours

It has been 8 months since I was last in Yuma. I do not have the luxury of summer, winter, and spring vacations. Now I am a working girl and have to take advantage of three day weekends, short holidays, and my earned vacation days.

I was able to get a babysitter for the boys this labor day weekend so I headed out to Yuma to visit the family and did I visit family.

Friday Jace picked me up from the airport and we immediately went to Mr. Gs! I was able to visit with my parents, his parents, and Sabra and her family all that afternoon and evening.

Saturday my father and I drove up to San Diego to see my sister Kelly and her family. I had not seen the twins so I was excited to meet my newest niece and nephew. They are so cute and sweet (especially Chase). Peggy was also in town so I got to visit with her as well.

Sunday I went to church and then made my rounds through Yuma and then in Bard. I was also able to meet my cousin Jennifer's little girl Coraline. She is absolutely adorable. By the end of Sunday night I had seen 29 family members since Friday afternoon when I landed.

But oh wait I am not done! Monday when I was flying home I had a long layover in Phoenix so I was able to see Katie for lunch making her my number 30!

I would have to say not bad for a quick trip! I was excited to get back home and work so I could rest and catch up on sleep!!









3 comments:

Sarah said...

Jam packed weekend!! Even though we had the same schedule I guess we wouldn't have had much time for each other anyway!!

Carol Godinez said...

Well I'm not part of the 30...but I was sure happy to see you! You look awesome! Glad you made it home safe and sound.

Just Joan said...

Sarah...I wish we would have been able to meet up I miss you guys! Crazy that we did have the same schedule. I will have to plan much better next time.

Carol...Add one more, 31! It was great to see you. You looks so good!!