Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Homemade Oreos



Cookies
2 boxes of Devils Food Cake mix
1/2 Cup of Oil
1/2 Cup of Water

Mix all ingredients. Make small balls of mix and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes or until the tops crack. Let cool.

Frosting (You can buy frosting but I like fresh cream cheese frosting best)
1 Cup of Butter
4 Cups of Powder Sugar
1/2 Tsp of Salt
2 Tsp of Vanilla
1 Block of Cream Cheese

Mix all ingredients.

Once cookies have cooled generously add frosting between two! Place in refrigerator to let the frosting harden a little (if not when you bite down the frosting will ooze out the sides). I add way more frosting than the picture I got off google shows, but I really love frosting!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

these look more like oatmeal cream pies!! YUM!!

Sabra said...

I have had these on several occasions. They are no Oreo, but they are good none-the-less.

Just Joan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just Joan said...

Sabra you are right but they are SOOOO good.

Sarah remember when your dad would buy the oatmeal cream pies in bulk...I was in heaven!