Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Country's Second Best

About a month or so after I moved to Columbia, MD my old roommate Kirsten texted me that she read this list of the best places to live in the country. She mentioned that where I live now is number TWO! I was excited. Who doesn't want to live somewhere that every one else seems to think is so awesome?!?!

I thought about what made Columbia so great. I mean it was a planned community when they built it. It is really green and nice. There is always a gas station and grocery store right next to you. I live on a golf course about one mile from the mall (that has an AMC IMAX theater). I mean really everything I need is right here. Oh and the mall has a Macys, MAC, PF Changs, and a Cheesecake Factory. It really doesn't get any better than this...does it??

Well if you have read any of my previous posts you would also know that I have a magical dumpster (that is guarded by a black snake) in my complex that has helped me furnish my living room and office. This magical thing even gave me a birthday present (not that my bday wasn't already the best one ever). The morning of my birthday as I pulled out of my parking area to go to work someone had left a beautiful wrought iron bistro set. I had been on craigslist for weeks looking for one and here it was waiting for me! Of course I needed Jace's help and I had to wake him up (he called me a hoarder but I eventually forgave him).

So things seem pretty awesome here. BUT TODAY the best (in my opinion) just happened. I have had my cell phone for a year and mine do not last much longer than that. I am sure it has something to do with the countless hours I talk and text on it as well as the daily falls onto hard surfaces. Well this morning the power button no longer worked! So I thought okay I just won't turn it off and we shall see how long it lasts. Well a few hours later my phone decided to turn itself off and is no more. SO SAD! So I found a Sprint Repair store a few miles from my house and was on my way to spend the rest of the afternoon fighting with the Sprint people. Words CANNOT describe my experience. I was in and out of the door in less than 15 minutes. I had to wait in line but I was the second person. They had to take my phone back to the repair area and see what they could do. The guy came out and asked if I had insurance (which I did) and then it was as if I said the magic words. He immediately went to a computer typed something things in and said that I should have a brand new phone tomorrow! Yes I will be phone-less for 24hrs and yes I will not be able to save my pictures BUT it was the best experience with Sprint and a broken phone I have ever had (plus now I have a NEW phone).

Long story short (sorry I know I talk a lot), I do live in an amazing place and I am excited to see what else happens!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

people were going to throw that away?? I'm glad you swiped it!

Sabra said...

I can't imagine throwing that set away. I love it!