Friday, May 7, 2010

The Finish Line


Well I have crossed the finish line...

I was officially done with finals for my master's program yesterday at around 5:30 pm. It of course won't be official till the grades are posted and diploma is in hand, but you get the idea.

I was so blessed to have the support of my family and friends (both here and back home). I know I got a little nutsy a time or two and wanted to throw the towel in but I am glad I stuck it out. Again, thank you!

I am an "adult" now. SCARY, right?!?! I like the idea of not having homework and group projects; however now I am thinking about jobs, bills, loans, 401Ks, etc. It just keeps getting better!

Today at 1:00 I mailed my signed letter for my job starting in June. I will be returning to the consulting firm I interned at last summer. The boys and I will be heading to the Baltimore area at the beginning of June. I am nervous, scared, excited, and happy to start my big kid life!

Graduation is on the 15th and I am lucky to have Jace, my Mom, Grandma Evelyn, and Grandpa Harley and Grandma Ann fly in for the occasion. I am excited for them to see where I live, meet my friends, and finally see Walter. I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

Tia said...

Congrats! Really that is a huge accomplishment and yes it is kinda scary to be officially an adult - but you'll be great at it :)