Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dog Days of Summer

It has been unbearably hot this last week. I have enjoyed sitting out in our yard while reading. The boys have also liked being outside the entire morning. I figured they should enjoy their yard for a few more weeks before we go to the big city. Celaschi lays out with me as well and when she went in for a water break Chuy decided it was his turn on the lounge. Here is a funny picture of him.



I am excited that I have time to read what I want and not what a professor assigns. I have already read the following...



I absolutely loved this book and wish I had read it much sooner. I have recently started going back to church and never realized how much I had to work on to get to where I want to be. This book is one of many I have read and so far think it is the best. I highly recommend it.



This quick read was very interesting. The authors looked at data in a different way to draw conclusions most would not. It definitely made me think and I cannot wait to read the sequel.



My sissy got me this book for Christmas. If you have been keeping tack you would know that I went through a vampire stage and read all the Twilight and True Blood books. However, this book was not about vampires but rather shadowhunters (vampire killers). It was okay. I didn't fall in love with it and probably won't read the next two any time soon. I did enjoy that the main character's name was Jace. Thought it was funny since I got the book for Christmas and we had gone on our first date only a few days before that.

I have already started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for the umpteenth time. I hope to get through it this time.



Any suggestions for good books I should add to my reading list?

2 comments:

Tia said...

Just finished The help, super good book, also my mom says a Thousand White Woman - thats next on my list.

Just Joan said...

I loved The Help. I will have to get A Thousand White Woman...Thanks!