Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Day In Pittsburgh

This past week has been filled with family! Wednesday afternoon Jace flew in and 24 hours later my mother and grandparents were right behind him. I had one day with everyone here to show them what Pittsburgh was all about. Deciding what to do so that all of us would have fun was difficult; however I pulled it off nicely (I think).

We started the morning at the Frick estate down the street from my house. It gave everyone a chance to see how the rich lived in Pittsburgh back in the day. I think the grandparents enjoyed it a lot. They were able to see a carriage and car museum as well as an old mansion.

Next, we headed to Station Square for the Ducky Tour of Pittsburgh. The tour was okay. I think the best part was when Kirsten, Mom, and Grandpa got to drive the boat! We ended the evening with food from the Silk Elephant, my favorite place for Thai food. Everyone hated it...can't get these people to expand their horizons!

Here are a few pictures I was able to steal from my mother's camera before she left.


1 comment:

Sabra said...

Mom's pose in the bottom picture made me smile. It's her "Zoolander."