Monday, July 14, 2008

My Summer Reading List

This summer I did not read as much as I wanted to or should have. I was very busy watching a lot of LOST and other television shows. But I did read a few books that I feel are worth mentioning.


1. Middlesex: I like this book a lot because it was interesting to see how sex and gender issues were viewed in the past. It was sad to see the heartache and pain that was caused just because it was an issue that was not talked about or really known about.


2. Mormonism for Dummies: Great book, I was able to learn a lot more about my religion. It was also interesting to read about Mormonism from an educational point of view rather than a religious or spiritual point of view.


3. The Other Boleyn Girl: FANTASTIC story. I absolutely loved it! It is very long but worth the time and effort. It sparked my fascination for the stories surrounding King Henry VIII and his love affairs.


4. The Host: This book about aliens on earth was not too scifi so I was able to stomach it. I actually liked it a lot. Although it is not as good as the Twilight series it is worth the read.


5. Peony in Love: Not as good as Snow Flower and the Secret Fan...but I liked it nonetheless. The first section introduces a twist that made me miserable and want to not continue reading but I was glad that I did. I love stories about Asian women!!


I only have three weeks left till I go back to Pittsburgh so I hope to sneak in a few more books before I will be forever reading text books about IT and Security.

1 comment:

Laydee said...

I started a fictional series that follows a family from pre-existance to doomsday... it's pretty alright too- it's by Chris Stewart and the first one is called The Brothers...anyway- it's a good one to pick up in my opinion:)Then of course there's always a great re-read like The Good Earth!