Monday, March 4, 2013

San Francisco

I was in San Francisco this past week for work.  It was a great conference and I was glad I went (professional development).  Wednesday night my mom flew in to spend some time with me.  We had a blast.  I get to see her about once a year so this mini vacation was a great way to spend some time with her.

Thursday I sent her off to Fisherman's Wharf where she found the first sourdough bread factory to tour…and eat.  I met her there for lunch and had a delicious soup and salad!  For dinner we went to Farallon for her birthday dinner.  It was so yummy and she even tried an oyster, yes just one.

Friday we went to Muir Woods to see the mini redwoods and Sausalito to eat and walk along the water.  We even saw a seal catch and eat a fish!

Saturday we went to the early bird tour of Alcatraz.  It was an awesome tour and I want to go back for the night tour (maybe).  For lunch we had a try-tip salad wrapped in flat bread.  It is from a local chain there and I loved it (had it twice).  I went to the best food court a few times for lunch during the week (thanks sissy for the recommendation).  Later Saturday evening we went to see Safe Haven (my mother will only go to rom-coms or just romantic movies, yah for me).  It was actually a pretty decent movie.  By saturday night I was really sick (I had been slowly getting a sore throat and really bad cough/cold since Friday morning).  We ducked into a traditional Chinese restaurant where I had some chicken soup with chinese medi and rice wine.  It was good and helped with my throat.

Sunday we said our goodbyes and we headed back home.  The flights were rough being sick and they lost my luggage but I was home around midnight.  After a day off to recover I feel a little better and I have my luggage back.

Oh and the boys are back home…they had a blast with their Auntie Dina all week, THANKS DINA!








No comments: