Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Little Escape Artist

My littlest man (who will be turning 1 this month) has now decided he does not like his aquarium.  A few weeks ago we decided to purchase a humidity system for his tank. Long story short, until we made a dome to attach to the end of the tube we would have to leave the top of his tank cracked to allow the tube to stay in place.

My first night away in San Francisco Clyde decided that the tank was no longer for him (I think having the boys gone also reassured his safety).  Shawn said when he got upstairs for bed Clyde was missing!  He searched and searched the house and decided to give up and listen for Clyde moving around.  Well as he went to jump in bed he pulled the comforter back and guess who was snuggled up in bed with his arms slung back (when an iguana is sleeping like that it means they are very comfortable).  So every night last week Shawn would find Clyde somewhere in our bedroom.

When I got home Sunday night he was sleeping on top of his tank on the blanket we had put over the small opening to keep him in, sneaky little fellow!  Shawn said he realized Clyde was escaping to sleep on blankets.  I think I spoiled him by cuddling him in baby blankets (always my fault).

I was home sick yesterday and when I went back upstairs to take a nap I realized Clyde was missing again, I pulled back the covers but he was not there…however he had shed in my bed…I DRAW THE LINE HERE PEOPLE!

Shawn took a plastic cereal bowl, drilled a hole on the bottom, and voila we have a dome for our humidity system that allows for the cage to be closed.  Clyde was very upset last night when he tried to escape for countless hours, poor guy.  When he is bigger than the boys he can roam the house but until then he has to stay in his tank :(.

Laying on the lamp for heat while mommy was away.

2 comments: