Friday, March 29, 2013

Denver, CO

I was in Denver, CO this week for work.  We were there for about 24 hours; I did not have time for much except work and getting some good food and beer.  I also forgot my camera so the quality of these pictures is not that good.


 The view from my hotel room.

 We ate at Breckenridge Brewery for lunch. The smoked bbq wings were so tasty and the salmon tacos and rice were out of this world.  The bartender was funny and kept the good beer coming.  They had barrels of Stranahan's Whiskey (apparently it is a really good whiskey distilled in Colorado).  After lunch we went to the distillery to check it out and I brought back some surprises for Shawn (everything made it through TSA fine).

 Our last and only other meal was at Buckhorn Exchange.  If you are in Denver you HAVE to stop by and grab so delicious food.  It is Denver's oldest restaurant and they are know for the meats they serve.  I had buffalo prime rib…melted in my mouth!  The homemade beans and chips served on the side were very good and the apple ice-cream dessert thing was perfect to top the meal off!

 The bartender talked me into trying this beer, Herman Josephs Private Reserve.  Apparently it is made in Colorado, served in only a handful of restaurants in the area (23 to be exact), and they only make small batches.  It was very very good!

The bartender said my drink was on the house if I could guess how many stuffed animals they had on the premises.  I guess 425 and I was wrong…the correct answer is 551!  This is the view from my table…who doesn't love eating when dead faces are staring you down??

No comments: