Wednesday, March 20, 2013

New Orleans

Last week I was in New Orleans for about a day and a half (a quick trip for work).  What is there to do in NOLA?? Eat and eat…and EAT.  I had so much great food and in mass quantities.  The waiter at the one restaurant said I could easily be a native; I was devouring 12 charbroiled oysters, a shrimp BLT po boy, fries, water, sweet tea, and a beer.

Thanks to Becky, Kennedy, and King I knew where to see amazing sights and eat even more amazing meals!  Katie's friend had more places for me; I will just have to go again to make sure I get those done as well.  I am already dying to get back there with Shawn for a long weekend.

I went to see the Metairie Cemetery (it isn't as morbid as it sounds).  It was beautiful much different than cemeteries in Arizona.  Just amazing sculptures and structures.



Then after a small detour through a not so great area I made it to Drago's on the Riverwalk.  It was at Drago's where I had the most amazing oysters - charbroiled and topped with amazing cheeses along with a shrimp BLT po boy (my first one ever).  I ate myself sick for lunch that I had no room for dinner that night.  After I stuffed myself I walked along the Riverwalk and watch the boats going by.  The weather was beautiful, warm enough and sunny.






I had to get to Picayune, MS to check into my hotel and get some work done (yes I do have to work on these trips).  The next morning I spent working but by noon I was on my way back to New Orleans for more adventures!

Before flying home I went to Cochon for lunch where I had boudin, crawfish pie, and alligator bites…I could not finish (the alligator bites were a great snack later).  Then I went to Jackson Square and Cafe du Monde for beignets which I took to the water's edge and sat on a bench to enjoy.




Sadly I did have to come back home to cold weather.  But it is official...I now want to live in the south!

No comments: