Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Another First


I went to my first crawfish cookout and loved it!  Tex had them shipped in from Louisiana.

Apparently as you put them in you have to check and make sure they are alive.  They do scream a little when a lot of them are in there.

Once you cook them you throw them in a marinade along with corn on the cob, whole potatoes and onions, sausage, and lemon halves.  When ready you serve on trays, soda box, whatever you can find!

 Shawn taught me how to eat one (not like in the picture).  You break off the tail making sure to leave the "mustard" on…I am pretty sure thats the guts.  Keep the head down to not lose any juice, then tip it back and suck…brain juice?  Then you pull the meat out of the tail and enjoy.  It was a little difficult at first (I don't like eating things with eyes) but after a while I didn't care because it was so good.  I think I went back for thirds, okay I lied fourths.

Shawn being silly for the camera.

1 comment:

Sabra said...

Mustard? Friggin' gross. I'd try it though. I'm up for anything (in the category of food).