Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekend Visit to Maryland

This past weekend the boys and I loaded up in the car and drove down to Maryland to see Shawn, who was working all day Saturday (poor guy).

We arrived at Dina's (Shawn's long time friend) house Friday night. We were welcomed by three happy people and three even happier dogs. The boys had so many friends to play with and all involved had a blast!

Saturday, while Shawn was working, Dina and I went to the mall to shop and to see Breaking Dawn. Can we talk about CHEESY!?!?! WOW! I of course think it was a standard Twilight movie and the last few seconds had me wanting more. Only complaint were the wolf voices, too much.

I did have time to bring lunch to Shawn and see two of the kitchens he is redoing. He does great work! Maybe I should find a good deal on a house and fix it up, hmmm (I'm kidding, for now). Later that night we went out to our favorite sushi place and went crazy. I have now tried things I never thought I would: eel, quail eggs, LIVE scallops, and sashimi. All are very yummy.

Sunday was a lazy day and then the dreaded drive home. I always hate leaving BUT we will get to see him again on Wednesday for Thanksgiving! So I couldn't complain too much this time.

I of course do not remember to take pictures till the last minute. But I snapped a few at the last second.


Car photography is always so hard.


Walter helping Shawn pick a computer.

No comments: