Friday, November 25, 2011

Stanley the Christmas Tree

I have never been more excited for the holidays!  There is something (or someones) this year that has me ready to get this season started.  I am looking forward to the decorations, the baking, the snow, the time with family and friends, and the reason why we even celebrate this day!!  Today Shawn stayed a little longer than he planned so that he could help me pick out and set up a tree.  We did not have time to decorate it.  I will have to do that later.

This year I went with a live tree.  When I got to Lowes one tree begged to be taken home.  I also felt like he had a name, Stanley (weird because I have never named a Christmas tree before).  I fell in love with Stanley, he is tall and very full (fat).  I love how he just fills up the room.

I tired to help set him up but I was clearly going about it all wrong.  Shawn and Walter stepped in and took over the entire operation.  It was cute to see my boys getting things done together.  Chuy did not help with the tree; however he did go through all the shopping bags to see if we had bought anything for him.  Hmmm...he must get this from his mother; that is EXACTLY what I would have been doing as a child.









Shawn was clearly needing help.  Good thing Walter got right in there and showed him what to do.









No comments: