Friday, May 6, 2011

Adventures in Baltimore



Yesterday was an INTERESTING day to say the least.

My day started at 5:45 am. I woke up to a hair dilemma. My newly died red hair now looked ORANGE. But there was nothing I could do about it. I had to be in DC by 9 AM. So I left at 7 to brave the traffic. I was able to start working at my new office for the job I was hired for (almost a year ago). After a 10 hour day I had a busy schedule of errands (dogs, run my 3 miles, Chipotle for cinco de mayo, deliver bed to Steve's grandma, return truck used to deliver bed, and pick up moving boxes from a freecycler).

Needless to say Steve and I were stressed since we were pressed for time and didn't want to be using his brother's friend's truck all night. After we had been driving his truck for 20 minutes I looked down at my feet and notice the cornucopia of manly necessities (pictured above). I couldn't help but take a picture.

We delivered the bed and quickly headed out of the city to get home before dark. **SIDE NOTE: Steve's grandma, mother, and 3 younger brothers live in the city in a not so good area where crime, prostitution, and drugs are somewhat of an issues. But we still go down there to see his grandma and two youngest brothers.** We were able to get a few block from the house before flashing lights were in our mirrors. A Baltimore police car and paddy wagon were behind us and three officers started to approach us.

Long story short they patted Steve down for a weapon, asked us both to step out of the car, then we were asked to sit on the side of the road while they search the truck for weapons and/or drugs. **ANOTHER SIDE NOTE: We could not find the registration or insurance and only knew the owner's first name. Making our story of delivering a bed to our grandma even more convincing.** They of course found nothing (except items such as the ones in the picture above). Let us get back in the truck where they told us that the area we just came from was well known for drugs and we should be careful.

MORAL OF THE STORY: If you do something nice for someone you will be stopped for drug possession.

2 comments:

SAC said...

Hooray for you getting to start work!

Also, your pulled-over-by-the-cops story made me laugh.

Sarah said...

this is hilarious. drug runners!