Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tick-Tock

Since I can remember my mother has always had clocks around the house, everywhere. An old one with a pendulum and we would get to wind it with the key (we would also get yelled at for playing with it). The little ones in every room, even the bathroom. But most of all the big ones above the fireplace. As time went on the clocks would get bigger and bigger. So of course while she was here for the week she noticed one thing that my house lacked...clocks! I do not own a single clock. But why would I? The iHome, cable box, microwave, oven, and my cell phone all tell time.

It didn't matter my mother was going to make sure I had a clock in every room of the house before she left. AND she almost succeeded (minus the bathrooms). I got two normal little clocks for the kitchen and my office. Can I mention the kitchen already had two clocks but she insisted I needed one with a seconds hand (crazy). The third clock she got me I had to pick out and order off line is on the wall between my dinning room and living room. I love it! It can go anywhere and match anything because it is simply simple. It is 30 inches in diameter, sometimes I think the 50 inch one would have worked but I was nervous it would have been too much for my little apartment.

Here is my perfect clock! I can't wait till I can live somewhere and paint the walls. Then I can have my little red wall with my perfect clock (hopefully above my fireplace).

2 comments:

Sabra said...

She never let me wind the clock with the key!

Kelly said...

Funny how different people notice different things. I never noticed an abundance of clocks. Weird.