Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween in the Burgh

The boys and I packed up the car and headed up to Pittsburgh for the holiday weekend. It had been 2.5 months since we had last been there so a trip was in order.

Friday night I just wanted to dance! So we went to Whim and had a blast. No costumes though...I wanted just a regular night out.

Saturday I got my hair done; it's shaped, short, and red. I feel like me again. The rest of the afternoon we laid around, ordered Thai, and watched t.v. Then we started getting ready for Kennedy's Halloween party. We had surprise costumes this year. Kirsten and I decided to go as sister wives from the compound on Big Love. Everyone loved our costumes. I will admit they are a little creepy; but it was the look we were going for so no complaints!

There were many great costumes at the party. My favorites were of course the Tetris pieces. You can't go wrong! Also, Chris was the Grim Reaper and he carried around a sickle with a cardboard computer with the blue screen of death displayed. By the end of the night I realized how nerdy we really are. There were many other great costumes as well. Oh and Kirsten's stuffed monkey Hank was The Coon from South Park, ridiculous!

Sunday I went to church at my old ward, I love going back to visit. After church Kirsten showed me how to prepare fresh pumpkin for cookies and pies. It was a long weekend but we had fun! The boys were so tired from playing with their cousin all weekend. Walter slept the entire ride home, Chuy for most of it.





1 comment:

JennyandTyler said...

LOL!! Those are creepy! But REALLY good!