Sunday, June 13, 2010

Moving to Columbia

Jace flew in Wednesday afternoon to help me move and to see me again (I don't think he can stay away). Wednesday night we grabbed a pizza, got ready, and then headed over to the Benedum to see Miss Saigon. It is one of Jace's favorites and I had never seen it. I did not look into the story prior to seeing it so that I would not know the ending. I was so surprised that she shot herself, but I loved it!

Thursday we woke up, got the truck, and started packing! We packed absolutely everything I owned. I had all my stuff in boxes downstairs waiting for him to help make it easier. I had some minor things to pack up that day, but overall I think he was surprised that most of it was ready to go. We even moved all my plants and two beta fish!

Thursday afternoon we went to Red Robin, bottomless fries after a long day of packing seemed to be the best idea! To kill time between dinner and the movie we walked along the river down by the Waterfront. It was a nice sunny day and I enjoyed it more than ever. We just walked and talked as well as "discussed" some heated issues (abortion and gay rights...always fun topics). We went to see the movie Killers, not that great. The best part was I thought it was the Gerard Butler/Jennifer Aniston movie; but it was the Ashton Kutcher movie. Jace HATES him, I thought we were going to have to leave but I begged him to stay (he did).

Friday morning we woke up bright and early (well not so bright I am not sure the sun was even out) and started making our way to Columbia, MD. After we arrived we got to work unloading, putting furniture together, and unpacking boxes. In one day I had most everything done. We were exhausted so we rented two movies and ordered in.

Saturday morning consisted of minor unpacking, Comcast guy, and the building (and rebuilding) of my new bookshelf. After that I let Jace watch a movie and nap for a while, he deserved it. BUT NOT FOR TOO LONG!

We went to the temple and watch the Joseph Smith movie, listen to a music performance (one singer had played Cosette in Les Miserable), and we walked around the temple. That night I wanted to cook him dinner; I wanted the first meal I made at the apartment to be for the both of us. It was fun and he even helped clean up!

I took him to the airport this morning and was so sad to see him go. I love him and will miss him!

So the funny thing is...I didn't take one picture of us this entire weekend. I am a horrible girlfriend! So below are some pictures of my new apartment (taken today) as well as a few I snapped with my phone while at the temple.










5 comments:

Tia said...

sounds like fun! Thats what we love to do is make Jace work :)

Katie Kat said...

Cute apartment! Can't wait to come and see you in it!

Sabra said...

Thanks for giving away the end of Miss Saigon!

Britney Finlay said...

Great to hear that you're all moved in! How nice to have a man help you do it too!

Carol Godinez said...

Looks like a cute apartment! What a great boyfriend! :) Lucky girl!