Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

I often forget some of the smaller holidays since I am living on my own on the other side of the country. It is weird to have a father's day without your father around. This is the 2nd year I have not been home on this glorious day.

I like to look through pictures on days like this. I am reminded of the great times and fun things. I am also reminded how many pictures my mother takes and how much we all enjoy it, especially my father. I have noticed he is not in many. I even discovered that I do not have my favorite one of my father and me (us playing tea party when I was young); however I did find a few I could post.



Graduation from W&J 2008

He always use to let us wrestle with him. My mother would freak out and worry he would hurt us. As a grampy he lets the kids do the same thing (and my mom still freaks out)!

He use to always play this one song on the piano as fast as he could. We loved it and always danced like nutballs.

Summer 2004, cooking breakfast in a cabin we were staying at.

I almost went and played basketball at the college he did. I still wish I would have.


Although my father and I never quite got a long while I lived at home we have really become close in the past few years. He has taught me many things that I am grateful for. Thank you dad!

He is now retired and I am trying to convince him to take a long vacation in Maryland. I have been trying to persuade him for months now. I hope he decides to come out here and spend some time on the east coast. I am looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Katie Kat said...

Yes, my first set of stitches came from wrestling with Dad. And he always played the same songs for us on the piano. He also coached most of my sports teams and ultimately lead us all to our love of reading and music through his example. He also mentioned to me today that he might come and spend a month with you. Good Luck with that! ;)