Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Best $100 Ever Spent


I know we all think occasionally "that was the best $ (insert dollar amount) I ever spent". Well today I got home and noticed Chuy had a little accident, a case of IBS (I don't think he realized eating his squeaky toy would do that).

I immediately grabbed one paper towel picked up what I could and then went to my closet and grabbed my Bissell Little Green Machine and went to work. The mess was gone and my carpet spotless in under 5 minutes (had to let it soak for a minute or two).

As I was cleaning I thought "This is the best $100 I ever spent." I laughed a little; I am only 23 (almost 24!) and already I am loving deep steam cleaners (and kitchen appliances).

This little baby has cleaned every little spot the boys have made on the carpets, cleaned the slightly used couches I got from craigslist (you never know, so I clean to be safe), and the seats of my dinning room chairs. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Its so easy and quick. I can only imagine how nice it will be when I have to clean up the messes my future children will make.

So whats the best thing you ever bought for $100(or whatever amount)?? I am curious to see what other things makes someone's life better. Let me know.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

pshh...I Love my bissell little green too!! We're still cool Joan.

Just Joan said...

HAHA. See we are definitely kindred spirits.

Sabra said...

You are not giving me any credit for having one in this house for well over five years? You have seen The Green Machine work miracles here.

Just Joan said...

I guess I never realized you had one. I am so sorry! We are all kindred spirits!!!

Granni P said...

You two sound like a commercial. I think the company should hire you!!! Tom likes his that Sabra bought him and he did the entire bedroom with it on his hands and knees with the help of a brush. It looked great. Only took him 3 hours but what else did he have to do right??? I would have rented a big machine for him but it was his choice. funny man!!

Just Joan said...

I think I would have gotten a big one too for a whole room but I have done a huge rug with it so I guess it is the same thing.