Sunday, January 4, 2009

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books" -Borges




This trip to Tampa was about swimming with the manatees and it was great...it is amazing to swim along side something so peaceful. However there will be another blog about my manatee experience when I get the pictures developed. During the other time here in Tampa I have been relaxing watching t.v., movies, and reading books that have been on my list (I know I will have no time when school starts again). I was trying to race through the Sookie Stackhouse novels and I have been flying through them...while here I have read books 5 & 6 and plan to read 7. However my sister Katie gave me a book for Christmas right before I flew here so I had it with me and it was a book that I had wanted to read but never got around to it. Instead of starting book 7 this evening I sat down and started reading my book from Katie. I could not put it down...ok that is a lie I had to watch Superstars of Dance...but I read during the commercials. I loved ever page of the book and I bawled throughout the book...yes Sabra I am not a cold-hearted beast like you might think. I really cannot put words down about how I felt while reading but it moved me in so many different ways...touching me in all aspects of my life. I encourage everyone to read it...it will take you less than a day (approx. 200 pages). The book is The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch...thank you Katie!

2 comments:

Laydee said...

BEAST. i have no time to read... and i bought the 8th book to torture myself i think

Granni P said...

Hey Joan, I read it and didn't shed a tear. I am a cold hearted beast after all. I thought it was good but and empathized but just never could get to tear stage. Now Marley and Me made me cry like a baby. Guess I just connect better with dogs than with humans. That is scary huh? So tell me about these other books you are into.