Saturday, December 27, 2008

Not So Easy Bake






Well Mallory really wanted an Easy Bake oven and for Christmas this year she got one...WOOHOO right?!?!? WRONG! I decided to help her and set it all up...my first mistake...so many little screws. Then we made the batter...yucky tasting. While it was being cooked by a light bulb (yes a 100 watt light bulb) we made the frosting, which didn't really work out when we tried to put it into the frosting dispenser...thank goodness we had real frosting to use instead. Well after it was done and cooled off we had to get it out of the pan...basically it was a crumbly cracked little piece of super thin cake. Mallory then put some frosting flowers on it...took two bites and then threw it away. I was so glad that she really enjoyed it after the hour it took to prepare and make it. Oh well right...its what she wanted and she had fun. But why might I ask if this is a toy for kids and it implies that it is a breeze ("easy" bake) that it took an adult about an hour to assemble and create a crappy non-edible "cake"...and to think I was SOOO JEALOUS of my cousin who had one when we were little and I didn't. But I guess we realize when we are older that most things we wanted as a kid aren't really as great as we once thought they were. However, I hope she enjoyed it and will always remember us putting on our little aprons and making a cake!!

4 comments:

Sabra said...

I had two Sew Easy Machines as a kid, and Mom never let me use them. Now, I know why! These things are more work for the adults then it's worth. I know those two machines are in the attic still!

JennyandTyler said...

It was so good to see you this weekend... My mom could not stop saying how great you looked! She's right, you do look great!

Laydee said...

hey... mine never had an easy frosting thingy!

kids theses days.
:)

Granni P said...

If you want something for Christmas just tell Grammy. Thanks for helping her and taking the time to post the pics. I do love that little sweetheart!