Thursday, November 27, 2008

"Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel." ~Author Unknown



I read Shay's blog and thought what a great idea...why had a post about what I am thankful for on Thanksgiving not occurred to me. After some Google searching I found the above quote and thought it was perfect.

Today is a great day to let everyone know that you are thankful for much...but why wait for today...it comes but once a year. Do our blessing only come once a year?...NO, they do not. I wish I was more thankful for all that I have. It seems that all I ever do is complain...and for as miserable as I sometimes sound I am quite happy, blessed, and thankful for it! So here is a short list of things for which I am truly thankful for...

1. My family. This of course is at the top of my list...as I have always said...when the day is over and everything is said and done the only people who matter and who will always be there for you is your family...so enjoy and love them more than anyone else.

2. The gospel. At this point in my life I struggle with a lot and I am not the best church goer...but I feel that because I grew up with the gospel I am a much stronger, caring, and understanding individual. I love Heavenly Father and am thankful for the life he has given me and the family he has surrounded me with.

3. My friends. Living far from family I have had to lean on those around me...my friends. They have helped and been there for me (when usually a family member would step up)...they are my family here and I am so so thankful.

4. My health, mind, and body. I am so blessed to have a healthy body and mind. I rely on them every second of every day. I often forget how fortunate I am to do and solve the most simple tasks in life.

2 comments:

Laydee said...

Amen to being thankful all year!

i love you joan!

Sabra said...

I'm thankful for you.