Monday, June 23, 2008

Germies


As I grow older I have developed a fear of germs...Yes I am somewhat of a germaphobe). But germs in general do not scare me, rather it is germs in the batheroom that do.

It started out simple...shower walls and curtain. I hate them and freak out when I touch them. Then it was public restroom door handles. I try and hold on to my paper towel until after I open the door and leave...but smetimes that is impossible and then I resort to the pinky trick (opening the door with your pinky so your whole hand is not contaminated) or sometime I just wait for someone else to open it (but this usually gets weird and annoying looks). Next came my problem with sinks...I have heart palpatations if my toothbrush accidently falls in the sink even if for 2 seconds (at times I contemplate throwing it away but a nice rinse is scalding hot water has worked). In general I can not deal with bathrooms even my own. I have to clean with gloves on and I can not bring myself to do it as much as I should (laziness could play a factor in this one). But I have noticed it getting worse recently (in the last year or so). My phobia has moved to toilet seats and shower floors...and yes again even in my own bathroom. Toilet seats...get inspected everytime before I sit, if ok I usually take toilet paper and wipe them, and if bad I make a seat cover with the toilet paper (this is not just in public restrooms either!). Finally shower floors...I pretty much wear cheap Old Navy flip flops in any situation I feel uncomfortable letting my feet touch the shower.

I guess I am just a weirdo...

1 comment:

Laydee said...

Lysol wipies are my best friend! You could even leave some near your toilet... and have you thought about a shower cleaning system for some piece of mind??
I love you wierdy!