Thursday, June 19, 2008

Can't Live Without You

I am bored today sitting at a job that pays well and requires minimal time and effort. I hate it most days...admit it ten hours is a long day. So I am thinking about all the other things I would rather being doing and then I decided to do a blog on things I COULD NOT live without. After thinking I was surprised it was not as trivial as I thought it would be (ok so maybe a few things are). So here it is.

1. Living in a first world country. After my trip to Brazil I remebered how much I love hot clean running water and airconditioning.
2. A sense of humor. It doesn't seem like a big one but it is. I realize it the most when I meet people that lack one...how do they get through life?
3. Technology. I live on my phone, watch countless hours of movies, do online scrapbooking, blogging, facebooking, shopping, and endlessly surf. Honestly most of my day is "wasted" on some form of technology...without it I would not know what to do...manual labor? I don't think so.
4. My parents. I am spoiled rotten and without them I would not have the things I have, my education, good looks (right dad?) or the annoyance and frustration that keeps life a little bit more interesing.
5. Teeth whittening. I am obsessed with have white teeth and thanks to walmart I can whitten forever at the low price of $4.
6. Being a Latter-Day Saint. I am by no means the picture perfect mormon but I am eternally grateful for living in these times. There is no way in heck I would have been able to trek across the country and survived (or at least not whine incessantly).

I saved the next two for last. Although God has blessed me by surrounding me with plenty of people that love and care for me there has always been two women that have influenced my life with their patience, kindness, knowledge, and love.

The first is my grandmother. She is probably the strongest woman I have ever met or will ever meet. She has survived polio as a child, broke free from not so good marriages, farmed more land alone than any woman in Bard (and probably most places), and has been a solid foundation for her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. She has taught me that I am capable of achieving anything and everything...and if someone doesn't think so then "screw 'em". Thank you grandma for loving and supporting me through all that I do.

The second is my big sissy. Since the day I was born we have been inseperable. She has taught me that through all of life's ups and downs to be strong and true to my family and beliefs (and I am still learning this one). She has showed me unconditional love and patience. Of course ever little sissy wants to be like her big sissy and I hope that one day I will be. Like her I want to be a patient mother, a loving wife, and an obedient daughter not only to my earthly parents but also my Heavenly Father and Mother (no matter how hard it may seem sometimes). Thank you for always being there...Oh and I love you more!

Its ok mom...I didn't mention you because your my mom and by default your the best!

3 comments:

Sabra said...

Love you, Just Joan! I wish Grandma wasn't afraid of computers. She would enjoy reading about herself! Want a picture of her to post? I have an awesome one!

Sabra said...

Love the new background!

Laydee said...

Hey- i'm thinking of doing a special 80th b-day present for evelyn- want to help?