Saturday, February 9, 2013

Memphis, TN

I had to make a quick trip to Memphis, TN for work this past week.  The great part was Kennedy was on the assessment with me.  We ate way too much bbq but no one complained.

The first night we ate at Charles Vergos' Rendezvous down a little alley in downtown.  I had the ribs and brisket.  Delicious!
 For lunch the next day we stopped at a D, D & D favorite.  I had the turkey club with house cured bacon with a side of okra.  It was delicious.  It came on texas toast soaked and grilled in butter. Yummy!


On the way back to the hotel we quickly stopped at Graceland to see where the King lived.  We didn't have time to tour everything so it was just some quick snap shots from the road (parking was on lockdown for blocks!).


The wall in front is covered with words from fans.



A few blocks from the hotel was Beale Street (a mini Bourbon Street).  We decided to take the trolley there.  $1 each way, it was awesome.


We stumbled in by chance to a great little hole in the wall.  For dinner we had gumbo, amazing bacon wrapped shrimp, and ALLIGATOR CHIPS!  Everything was so tasty.  The shrimp was my favorite.  I am going to try and recreate the recipe at home.

There was a Krystal Burger in the Atlanta airport, during my layover I ordered the Steamer (24 burgers) and flew them back to Maryland for one happy guy (a back home favorite of his).  He had 12 for lunch.  I can't believe how much he can eat sometimes.


1 comment:

Sabra said...

Looks like a great time for a cleanse!