Monday, October 10, 2011

Without a Paddle

The weather last week was terrible (in the 40s and wet), however as the new week started the days became sunny and bright. It couldn't have been more perfect for my trip down to Maryland (70s).

I decided to take Friday off so Shawn and I could go kayaking in Annapolis. The tour guides were funny, the weather was beautiful, and there happened to be a boat show going on. I decided that I could take more pictures (for memories of course) if Shawn could just do all the paddling. I am not sure if he totally agreed with me but he was a good sport...I sometimes helped out a little but would get water in the kayak and all over myself (hey I am from the desert, what do you expect?!).

Afterwards, we laid in the park to dry off in the sun; then went to a small pub to grab a burger. We had quite the entertainment, we ate as we watched a huge tour bus try to turn down a tiny one way, one lane street (it took numerous men and about 30 mintues to help the driver).

The rest of the weekend was spent on relaxing mixed with some shopping, errands, and friends. We had planned on going to the Reinassance Festival however traffic and time seemed to be against us (maybe next year).








2 comments:

Sabra said...

Looks like fun...if you like that much activity. No paddles for me!

Sarah said...

a desert near a river....and lakes