Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Get Better Chuy

About two weeks ago I woke up and it was a cold, wet, rainy Friday morning. I let the boys out and Chuy couldn't even walk down the stairs. He laid on the wet door mat. I knew something was wrong! But I am a working mom so I made sure he was wrapped up on the couch and off I went. His Auntie Liz stopped by at noon to check on him and called me telling me to get home NOW. Chuy's anal gland had burst and it didn't look good. Thankfully we now live back in Pittsburgh where our favorite vet is just two blocks away and they saw us immediately. Since Chuy has issues with biting we had to sedate him for the procedure. It was about the scariest thing I had to do. Hold my baby boy while he slowly went under. I came home and had a break down. I know pathetic. A few hours later my boy was back home with me. He needed rest and antibiotics. It has been two weeks and all is well. His man pride has even been restored!

During his recovery Shawn and his daughter, Montgomery, made Chuy a get well card. It was handcrafted and very elaborate. Chuy loved it! Thank you Shawn and M!!!

Walter was a little jealous of the card...not the anal gald issue so much.


No comments: