Thursday, April 21, 2011

Greek Easter Bread


When I was younger my family had many traditions and I enjoyed them. I absolutely loved the progressive dinner we did at Christmas, the family reunions at Thanksgiving, and the Easter egg hunt and breakfast at Grandma's house. As I grew up we did these traditions less and less and now that I live on the other side of the country I am unable to attend the things we still do. It during these times that I really miss my family and wonder why am I living on the East Coast?! (something Sabra asks me on a weekly basis).

HOWEVER, I have adopted families on this coast and I do have a few traditions with them. One in particular is Kirsten's family. They have taken me in and made me feel like one of their own and for that I am grateful. It is nice to have a mom on this side of the country for help and answers to questions when I need them. But most of all I love feeling like part of the family on holidays. Today I received my Easter Bread in the mail from Butty (Kirsten's mother Karen). It is the one edible thing I look forward too during this holiday (and Reese's peanut butter eggs of course). I have been enjoying this Greek tradition for 6 years now and one day I will learn to make my own. But until then I will enjoy my Easter package from my East Coast mom!!

No comments: