Saturday, July 10, 2010

Quatro de Julio

Last week was stressful and we had another incident with Walter and choking but all is well. I was in need of relaxation and friends. So I loaded up the boys early Saturday morning and headed to Pittsburgh.

After I arrived I went to lunch with the missionaries at Five Guys (yummy) then had a hair appointment with Angela where we went with all reds. I was so excited for something a little new since there isn't much you change with short hair. I laid around the rest of the afternoon/evening until Kirsten made me get off the couch and head to HofbrÀuhaus where I had yummy pretzels and beer cheese.

Sunday I went to church at my old ward. I was so excited to be back in a YSA ward where it was super quiet; something you don't think about until you are in a large family ward. After church I got ready and we all caught a bus to downtown where we walked around the Regatta. It was a great place to people watch! Once we got too hot we headed to McFadden's where we enjoyed the cool air and yummy food. It was the first time I had a cheese steak sandwich. It was delicioso!

When it was nearing fireworks time we headed down to the water where we enjoyed a great show. After the show Sib jumped into the river and yelled USA as he swam. It was great to be around friends for the holiday festivities.







Here is the barn that is on the turnpike that Sabra loved when we drove it a few years ago. I was stuck in non-moving traffic on the way home. The drive that took us 3.5 hours to get there took 5 to get back. So sad.

No comments: