Saturday, July 10, 2010

Once again I am my Mother

Yesterday as I was headed to my front door my neighbor upstairs was moving. He had bookcases that wouldn't fit in his new place and asked if I wanted them. Of course! They weren't really my style and really tall but with a few minor changes they look pretty good. I am not 100% in love with the new layout but I will leave it as is until I can figure out something I like better.

The before. I hate the doors doesn't look like a bookcase but more like a china cabinet.


The after. I removed the doors and realized the top shelves had lights in the back...fancy!



A few days ago I rescued a palm tree from the garbage. This weekend I went to the store and bought a pot and soil to plant it. I ended up rescuing another palm from clearance ($5). Now I have a nice little jungle feel on my porch.




It rained this morning so this evening the weather was beautiful. I sat in the chair and played fetch with Chuy. I am loving my porch and plants!


I also snagged this little side table, shelf thing as well. I am using it as an nightstand for the other side of the bed until I figure out where I want it. Maybe in the bathroom with rolled up towels?

3 comments:

Carol Godinez said...

Nice! Very creative! :) Looks good!

Sabra said...

Well done, Pat.

Katie Kat said...

Total score with the bookcases. Bookcases in general are not cheap, so you are a lucky girl :) I like how your apartment is shaping up. Can't wait to see it in person.