Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring

When I lived in Yuma I never really cared about the season, it was either hot or cold (so of course I preferred the cooler weather). Since I have lived in Pennsylvania (almost 6 years now) I have learned to love the changing of the seasons; I am still not a fan of the cold snowy winters but I am adjusting. The past 6 years I have come to love the two seasons I never really had growing up, spring and fall. My most favorite is spring however.

I love when the snow decides to melt, the sun comes out, and the weather is perfect. It probably helps that my least favorite is winter and I am just glad for it to be done and over with. I also love to open my windows and hear the birds and feel the cool air. BUT MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE is during this time when it rains. There is nothing like waking up in a nice warm bed and hearing the rain outside. I have no idea why but it is my most favorite thing to wake up to. I like to just lay in bed for a few minutes and listen while I feel the chilled air all around me.

This morning both my front and back windows were open and I could hear the rain and the birds, feel and smell the cool air. I woke up in a great mood! Which helped since I had a not so great dream.

No comments: