Sunday, March 14, 2010

Redneck

Jace took me on a horse ride through the mountains, well more mountainous than any horse ride I have ever been on. I had not been on a horse since I was very young; I was thoroughly impressed that I was able to do it more than a decade later! I was given the small horse because he was much more calm than the other. However it made me look like a giant in the photos. I suppose I will just have to deal. The scenery was beautiful and it was fun to ride and chat. I was able to see elk as well, always exciting right?!?! After the horse ride I passed out and woke up sore!

All in all I think (or at least hope) that he realized I can be a little redneck and can ride horses and get dirty!

Later that day we went to Outback with Jace's family and friends for his birthday. It was great to meet and get to know a lot of the important people in his life. Every single one of them asked why I was with "this guy" and that he was "lucky". It was cute to see him being teased.







Wearing the shirt I made him for Valentine's Day...I made it since he wore one like in in high school and it was one of the few things I remembered about him from then. Of course he wears it in public!

4 comments:

Sabra said...

That friggin' shirt is a crack up!

Tell him you can be totally redneck. You would get up at five in the morning on Saturdays and pull weeds, pick fruit, and feed the chickens all before cartoons. Oh wait...That was ME!

Sarah said...

before I read you're comment about the shirt...I though that same thing!! like 'Jace really still has that shirt?!?" Also I take offense on the redneck comment Joan....I'm directly related to some you know!!

Just Joan said...

Sarah - I don't ever think I could be as redneck as your Arkansas family...lol!

Wendy said...

Congratulations Joanie-You seem so very happy!