Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Giver



I had always seen kids reading this book yet I never took the time to check it out myself. But this weekend when I went to visit the North's Joanne gave me a few books to read and this was one of them. It is a very short book (179 pages) and a very easy read (written for younger people). I really enjoyed the story and where it was going...well at least where I thought it was going. I got to the last chapter and knew there was no way the ending was going to be what I had hoped for, and of course it was not! I read some reviews online and they mentioned readying the next book to see what happens. So I went online and requested it from the library. We shall see what Lois Lowry comes up with in the sequel...I hope it ends better!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i HAVE actually read this book. by myself