Friday, September 18, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Katie is leaving today to go to San Diego. I cannot believe how fast this week went by. Although it seemed short we did a lot of "Pittsburgh" things. Tuesday we went to the Mattress Factory and Andy Warhol museums, Cappy's, and the Monroeville Mall.

Wednesday I had classes so she spent the day at the Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History. She loved it! (I told her she would...its my favorite) For lunch we went to the Union Grill and for dinner we order Village Pizza. We also got her a CMU t-shirt at the bookstore.

Thursday we went to the Phipps Conservatory and LOVED IT! I had never been; the flowers and glass art were amazing. I cannot wait to go to the Orchid Festival in a few weeks. After Phipps we went to lunch with Kirten and her mother at Gullifty's. The food was alright but the desserts were very good! I had the apple pie and devoured it. To end our day we went to the Waterfront to shop (Costco, Dick's, BBB, Old Navy, Petco, and Lowes). We got Maggie a few cute things, Buddy got a jacket, and Chuy got a carrier for the plane ride to AZ in Dec (he was not excited).

Today we are going to grab lunch and then we must go to the airport. I will be sad to see her leave. Thank you for coming and staying with me Katie. I loved every minute of it!





1 comment:

Jen said...

I love the pink flower pictures!