Monday, September 14, 2009

Katie Kat Has Arrived

Katie arrived in Pittsburgh Saturday night around 10 pm. I immediately started the Pittsburgh festivities by taking her to Primanti Brothers for her first Pittsburgh sandwich. She definitely enjoyed it! Then we went home and introduced her to everyone...she loves Chuy and thinks he is ADORABLE (of course).

Sunday we went to the Duquesne Incline, took a ride round-trip; but only after looking at the beautiful view of downtown Pittsburgh (photo op!). We will return to Mount Washington one evening to see the view at night which has been the 2nd best view in America. After the incline and Mount Washington we headed to the Frick area.

I only live a few blocks away from the place and I have walked in the park a million times; HOWEVER I never knew that they had a museum, green house, etc. I had a lot of fun looking at all the old stuff (the kids had a "playhouse" bigger than most houses). After walking around a bit we decided to eat at the cafe (it had been recommended to me by a neighbor). IT WAS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST TURKEY/BACON SANDWICH I HAVE EVER HAD!!! Katie also agreed. The chocolate pecan cake was also to die for.

After Frick we were exhausted and decided to go home and rest. We lounged around until the season finale of True Blood. Then it was time for bed since I had class all day Monday and she was going to do the museums next to my campus.

BUT the museums were closed on Mondays so she walked around the Oakland area, got a book, walked to the Cathedral of Learning, met up with me for lunch at Lulu's, and then went home to rest. I felt terrible that she was at home all afternoon and evening but I had class and stats homework. We did go to The Original Hot Dog Shop (The O) for dinner. I had never been but it was really good (fried food always is). I cannot believe how much food they give you.

Tuesday should be much better, we have the Mattress Factory and Warhol Museum. More pictures to come!






No comments: