Sunday, April 5, 2009

A New Addition...




A few weeks ago or so Celaschi and I were driving back to my place and noticed a poor little palm tree had fallen off of someone's truck. I threw the car in reverse and made Celaschi put it in the car. After we managed to get it home I decided that it needed some TLC. I called my sister, and being the fantastic AG major she is, told me it was a queen palm. So I looked online for how to care for a queen palm in PA...it needed to be re-potted and then outside for sun and warmth. We decided she also needed a name. Her name is Lola. She is doing fine...although it got cold a few nights there and she has a few dead looking branches...I think she is too little to be outside all the time. Anyway...she has never made her debut on the blog and since I am being yelled at for not updating as often I though I would do a little post about her.

Lia will be babysitting her over the summer and then when I return and move into my new place with Kirsten and Lia she will be getting a brother, Samuel. He is a tiny cactus Kirsten has adopted. Why is it that I am raising desert plants in PA weather??? What is wrong with me?

Pictures of Samuel to come soon!

1 comment:

Laydee said...

small taste of home perhaps??