Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Penn DOT...I Hate You


Oh the DMV...gotta love having to go there. I went this morning to get a PA license because apparently you cannot transfer a title without one. I never wanted a PA anything...and have it actually documented I lived in this state! Well I went today around 9 am (they open at 8:30)...its Tuesday...and it was packed!!! Why are these people not at work? Nonetheless I grab my ticket...39, they are one 10! As I am sitting there I realize they do not accept cash or debit cards...my check book is at home! So I run, jump back in my car, drive home, grab the check book, stop at the bank (I have no quarters to park and I am not paying $10 to park in a lot), get back to the DMV, park 3 blocks away, and walk in to see the line is now out the door and down the hall. I go directly to the front praying they haven't passed number 39 because if they had I was going to have to go back to the end of the line. THANK YOU JESUS they were only on number 27 (mind you it has now been at least an hour since I first left). I grab a seat and wait and wait, finally get called and the teller is this poor old man who moved extremely slow. Oh well, I need to hurry up and get this picture taken and get out of there...my meter had been expired for a good 30 minutes. I go to the photo booth get a picture (horrible by the way), grab it, run back to my car, and to my surprise no ticket...I think someone was taking pity on me...thanks! I hope I never have to go back to the DMV here again!!

Oh and a new license costs $28...isn't that a little too much? Its a piece of plastic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should probably post your license picture...i would like to see it!