Wednesday, February 4, 2009

He's Just Not What...??



This Friday the new movie He's Just Not That Into comes out. So of course we are having a girls night, dinner first and then the movie. If you know me even a little you would not be surprised to find that I immediately picked up the book to read before I went to see it. I am looking forward to seeing this movie since the book is more of a self-help than a story. I will like this since most books are much better than the movie and it makes seeing the movie that much more irritating.

So the book, I liked it a lot. It had some very good points and I definitely saw myself (and some of my friends) in a lot of the "situations". So I will definitely try out this new philosophy on dating and see what happens, you never know right?

At the end of the book they ask you to make a list of your standards and no matter what for any reason should you ever date a man that does not meet your standards. I didn't write a list of mine yet. But here is a list they gave to get you started...

1. I will not go out with a man who hasn't asked me out first.

2. I will not go out with a man who keeps me waiting by the phone.

3. I will not date a man who isn't sure he wants to date me.

4. I will not date a man who makes me feel sexually undesirable.

5. I will not date a man who drinks or does drugs to an extent that makes me uncomfortable.

6. I will not date a man who's afraid to talk about our future.

7. I will not, under any circumstances, spend my precious time with a man who has already rejected me.

8. I will not date a man who is married.

9. I will not be with a man who is not clearly a good, kind, and loving person.


I will think of some of my own later...anyone have any good ones to add??

2 comments:

Laydee said...

i will not date a man who takes more time to get ready then me...and is protective of his hair.;)

JennyandTyler said...

I will not date a man who is prettier than me! If he gets a manicure and I don't...I'm not okay with that...I like a mans man!